Sunday, March 1, 2015

Update

It's been right at a year since my last post. In the meantime, I left the military, moved completely across the country and started a new job in medical diagnostics. It's been an eventful year. I learn something new every single day, especially as I try to succeed in the world of professional sales. Fortunately, 


Due to this I've gotten away from "training". Most of what I do now would be classified as exercise, which is fine as I'm on the road all day and I'm not worried about pushing boundaries right now. I shelved my weightlifting shoes for about 10 months and just wore them again for the first time this week (and paid for it!). I still do cleans and clean-based complexes regularly, squat about twice per week and deadlift 1-2 times per week. If I deadlift twice, one day is heavy and the other is for speed or something like clean-style pulls, where the weight is pretty light. I've added in the occasional trap bar deadlift as well since I'm working out at the Middletown YMCA (gets me out of my water heater room). 


I'm looking at doing the Tactical Strength Challenge this year in April. I'm cutting it close on time, but all I really need to do is add kettlebell snatches again. The TSC consists of three events:

   A three-attempt  deadlift
   Max rep Pull-ups
   Kettlebell snatches for max reps in 5 minutes (24kg)

I do plan on writing a lot more now. I have some thoughts and reviews I want to post, which won't be anything groundbreaking but just my experience that can hopefully help some people out. There's a lot of subjects, so I will try to keep it focused on training and nutrition. 

One of my professional goals for the year was to get involved more by doing outreach events and races. This was mostly geared towards my job to meet people and make connections, but there is also the social aspect and keeping active outside the gym. I have a list of 5K races I want to do, so hopefully I can get the word out about the blog. 

I'm also going to get the T-shirt designs up within a few months. I had some ideas I never finished, so that will be linked once I get the designs finished. 

By the way, completely unrelated, but I really want one of these:


No comments:

Post a Comment